If you have or know a college bound high school student who graduated in 2016 or is graduating this year...
Eligible dependents of PMI Hudson Valley Chapter members, who graduated high school in 2016 or who will be graduating high school in 2017, have a chance to win up to $1,500.00 in college scholarship awards offered through the PMI Hudson Valley Chapters annual scholarship program. Award finalists and amounts will be determined based on scholastic achievements (25%), community involvement and character (30%), recommendation letters (10%) and an essay (35%) on the value of Project Management.
Project Management is a discipline and approach applicable to all areas of business, including academics, as well as to life in general. PMI is a non-profit organization, first established in 1969, which has promoted and cultivated Project Management as a profession acknowledged and adopted by many large companies and governmental agencies. The local PMI Chapters were formed to provide a forum for Project Managers (PMs) or potential PMs to network, share best practices and further promote the profession.
To be eligible for this Award, an applicant must:
- Be a dependent of a PMI HVC member in good standing — Join Now!
- Be a college-bound 2017 high school senior, or a 2016 high school graduate, entering a two-year or four-year accredited educational institution.
- Attend college for the first time, or be returning for the second year, in the fall of the year the application is filed.
May 12, 2017 is the deadline to submit applications for the High School Award.
Here’s how to apply for the PMI HVC Award Program:
- Download and complete the award application. Please see link at the bottom of this article.
- Have the member parent or legal guardian sign the application.
- Mail your signed application together with your:
- Official high school transcript documenting your GPA for grades 9 through 11 or higher
- Typed essay
- At least two but no more than three recommendation letters.
Mail all of the requested information (together), to:
VP of Membership
PMI Hudson Valley Chapter
PO Box 1692
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
For 2017 high school seniors or 2016 high school graduates, applications must be received by no later than May 12, 2017 to be considered for this year’s award program.
PMI HVC plans to announce this year’s award winners in June 2017. PMI HVC will send a notification letter to award recipients. The names of the award winners will also be posted on the chapter website at http://pmihvc.org one week later. The winners will be asked to attend the Chapter monthly Program dinner meeting where photos will be taken for publicity purposes.